Thursday, June 25, 2009

Teach Our Children Well

As I eagerly await the arrival of my second son Camden, I can't help but think about how different things are the second time around (seasoned mom) some would call it.
Knowing everything I have learned the past 3 years about chemicals and toxins in baby skincare, toys, mattresses, bottles, etc...I still worry about all the other "hidden dangers" we aren't even aware about.
Everyday I come across new eco-friendly companies dedicated to making our world and children a little greener and ultimately healthier. This makes me very excited and hopeful for Camden and my older son, Bryan's future.
As a 'seasoned mom' I feel it's my responsibility to teach my children the importance of taking care of mother earth and to never take her for granted.
The other day my husband and I were out to lunch with our 3year old son, Bryan. The waitress brought out his kids menu and crayons to occupy his time. On the inside of the menu was a picture of a recycling bin and the recycling symbol. My son says, "look mommy that is a recycle." Needless to say this brought a smile to my face and a small since of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment